[R] how to label two figures in the same chunk independently with knitr

Yihui Xie xie at yihui.name
Wed Jan 9 19:36:53 CET 2013

Hi Francesco,

This is an advanced topic in knitr; it is called a chunk hook:
http://yihui.name/knitr/hooks

Sorry for the confusion on the name "par"; you can call it anything, e.g. mypar

knit_hooks$set(mypar = function(before, options, envir) {
  if (before) par(mar = c(4, 4, .1, .1))
})
opts_chunk$set(mypar = TRUE)

For par(bg=rgb(runif(1), runif(1), runif(1))), it is nothing but a
line of normal R code.

Regards,
Yihui
--