[R] problems when loading package GenABEL

Filippo Biscarini filippo.biscarini at gmail.com
Tue Jan 8 12:42:42 CET 2013

Dear all,

since yesterday, I have been experiencing problems with the package
GenABEL. When I try to load the package (library(GenABEL)) I get the
following error message:

Error : .onLoad failed in loadNamespace() for 'GenABEL', details:
  call: stringSplit[[1]]
  error: subscript out of bounds
Error: package/namespace load failed for ‘GenABEL’

The funny (and worrying) thing is that I get the same error on every
machine (linux, mac, windows) I tried, even after removing and
reinstalling the package or the whole R. And it's not only me, but
also my colleagues here and in different cities!
Does anybody know what's going on and how to tackle the problem?

Thank you in advance for any useful information.

Filippo Biscarini