[R] How to plot multiple datasets

Rui Barradas ruipbarradas at sapo.pt
Thu Jan 3 19:53:37 CET 2013

Hello,

You shuld provide a data example, but see if the following is what you
are looking for.

x <- 1:10
y1 <- rnorm(10)
y2 <- rnorm(10)
y3 <- rnorm(10)

# One way
plot(x, y1, ylim = range(c(y1, y2, y3)))
points(x, y2, col = "red")
points(x, y3, col = "blue")

# Another way
plot(x, y1, ylim = range(c(y1, y2, y3)), type = "l")
lines(x, y2, col = "red")
lines(x, y3, col = "blue")

Hope this helps,

Rui Barradas