[R] suggestions about import SAS results to R.

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Wed Jan 2 22:04:48 CET 2013

On Jan 2, 2013, at 12:37 PM, Yuan, Rebecca wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I have got some data in SAS, and I export it to one excel workbook with multiple sheets, for example, each sheet has the sales information for each state. Then I need to use R to do plotting, analysis on those sales data, where I need to load the data from excel to R.
>
> When I read the article at this link:
>
> http://yihui.name/en/2009/09/how-to-import-ms-excel-data-into-r/
>
> I am wondering if there is an efficient way to read SAS data directly in R, or what would be a better connection between SAS and R if I need to use R to deal with data achieved from SAS?

(Didn't type this with the intent of shouting but decided not to revise after fixing my sticky shift key.)  THERE IS AN ENTIRE MANUAL ON EXPORT AND IMPORT STRATEGIES:

On my machine the link to it  "R Data Import/Export" appears if one uses the drop-down RHelp option from the Help menu:

It links to http://127.0.0.1:29713/doc/manual/R-data.html

But the details of where you should find it will depend on your GUI and OS setup. At any rate please find and read this fine manual.

Your other question is also addressed in that manual.

--
David.