[R] package ReadImages

PIKAL Petr petr.pikal at precheza.cz
Fri Feb 22 09:36:13 CET 2013

Hi

Thanks, I will try.

> > On Thu, Feb 21, 2013 at 8:26 AM, PIKAL Petr <petr.pikal at precheza.cz>
> wrote:
> >
> >> Dear all
> >>
> >> I prepared some image processing routine which depended on package
> >> ReadImages. Basically I imported image to R, changed rgb to
> >> grayscale, normalised an image made some selections and changed to
> >> image by imagematrix.
> >>
> >> Recently I learned that this package was removed from CRAN and can
> >> not be used in R 3.0.0.
>
> It was archived, already being orphaned.  When R 3.0.0 is released you
> can see if it works there: I expect it to.

I tried to install it from binary on R-devel

R Under development (unstable) (2013-02-13 r61942) -- "Unsuffered Consequences"
Copyright (C) 2013 The R Foundation for Statistical Computing
ISBN 3-900051-07-0
Platform: i386-w64-mingw32/i386 (32-bit)

It does not load with error

library(ReadImages)
Error: package 'ReadImages' was built before R 3.0.0: please re-install it

So I presume I could try to build it from sources, which can be beyound my expertise, if there was some tweak issues. This is probably the last resort for me.

Regards
Petr