[R] Sending Email from R

Lopez, Dan lopez235 at llnl.gov
Wed Feb 20 23:21:14 CET 2013

David

Thanks for the other resources. But I think those don't solve my problem.

FYI I used sendmailR:sendmail without password.

This is more or less how I ended up doing it. I can send a simple plain email or a simple plain email with an attachment or few attachments. Not sure if it makes a difference but in this test I am sending to myself from within the company

I am just trying to figure out how to email the contents from dput(). Whenever I try it prints it to the screen and the contents don't appear in the email at all: body or attachment. If I try it as an attachment (that's the mime_part()) the attachment is blank.

## Not run:
from <- "lopez235 at llnl.gov"
to <- "lopez235 at llnl.gov"
subject <- "This email from R"
body <- list("It works!", "mime_part(iris)")
mailControl=list(smtpServer="thing.thing.gov")

sendmail(from=from,to=to,subject=subject,msg=body,control=mailControl)
## End(Not run)

Thanks.
Dan