[R] Error in setwd(outDir) : cannot change working directory

Gabor Grothendieck ggrothendieck at gmail.com
Wed Feb 20 20:46:11 CET 2013

On Wed, Feb 20, 2013 at 2:01 PM, Joanna Papakonstantinou
<joanna.papa at gmail.com> wrote:
> I ran
>>testInstalledPackages(scope="base",errorsAreFatal=FALSE)
> and it completed (and spit out a graph).
>
> Does this mean I am ok to contunie using this installation of R?
> Should I create an output directory somewhere either in Program Files where
> R is installed or in my working directory?
> Thank you for your time and help.

Those tests don't seem to be working and I think you should ignore
them.  You should not have to create an output directory.  Installing
R is just a matter of clicking on OK repeatedly to the installer.
Everything else is optional, e.g. placing R on your Windows path,
installing Rtools to build packages (although increasingly even that
seems unnecessary for some packages and if you download binaries you
don't have to build packages in the first place), creating a
customized startup via .Rprofile or related files.