[R] R nls results different from those of Excel ??

Tue Feb 19 07:40:25 CET 2013

Excel definitely does not use nonlinear least squares fitting for power curve fitting. It uses linear LS fitting of the logs of x and y. There should be no surprise in the OP's observation.
                                      Live:   OO#.. Dead: OO#..  Playing