[R] effect() error: non-conformable arguments

John Fox jfox at mcmaster.ca
Fri Feb 8 14:57:03 CET 2013

Dear Elisha,

It's impossible to tell from the information that you provide what the
source of the problem is. The gold standard for a problem report is
"commented, minimal, self-contained, reproducible code" (quoting from the
text at the bottom of all r-help postings) that would allow me to track down
the error, but you don't even show the model that you've fit. I suspect that
there's something about the model that's incompatible with the effect()
function but what that might be is impossible to know from your message.

Please provide some more details and ideally a reproducible example.

Best,
 John

John Fox
Senator McMaster Professor of Social Statistics
Department of Sociology
McMaster University
Hamilton, Ontario, Canada