[R] Predictions from the Segmented Package

Rolf Turner rolf.turner at xtra.co.nz
Thu Feb 7 00:38:22 CET 2013

Since no-one else seems to have responded to your question, I'll
chip in with my two bob's worth:

(1)  You can probably get what you might want to get from predict()
by looking at X$fitted.values --- where X is the object returned by
segmented().

(2) But predict() is probably the wrong way to go.  You can get
the break points (or point if you have just two segments) by
looking at X$psi[,2].

You can get the slopes of the segments from slope(X).  You
can get the intercepts of the segments from intercept(X).

This should give you all the information that you need.  Said
he, optimistically.

HTH

     cheers,

         Rolf Turner

P. S. Does anyone know why or whither Vito Muggeo has disappeared?

         R. T.