[R] How to menage decimals in order to obtain accurate estimates

mary mary.dama at libero.it
Wed Feb 6 00:40:56 CET 2013

Hi,

I'm trying to calculate some functions loop, unfortunately my data are
decimal numbers that not allow me to get an accurate estimate. I do not want
to use neither "round "nor "signif" but I would prefer to have all the
information available, (the function loop is generic so you should adapt to
all data, not just those in particular). The approximation error is
multiplied in subsequent operations (I calculate the median and then the mad
and so on...) and so eg. instead of getting 1.000 I get 1.0003.

I saw that there is a package Rmpfr but I have problems loading the package
gmp also I do not know how to use it.

thanks