[R] Meaning of .noemail extension for CRAN uploads?

Milan Bouchet-Valat nalimilan at club.fr
Mon Feb 4 14:17:06 CET 2013

Hi all!

I've uploaded two packages to CRAN via FTP [1] about a week ago, and
while one was promptly processed by Brian Ripley (thanks for that!), the
second got the .noemail extension added, and nothing else happened. So I
wonder whether CRAN maintainers are waiting for some action on my side
or whether I should just wait without worrying. (Of course, I did send a
manual e-mail stating I accept CRAN policies -- I even sent it twice.)

I'm aware that CRAN policies [2] state:
> Part of the processing is that uploads may be renamed by adding one of
> the extensions .save, .pending or .noemail: the presence of such a
> file is a sign that a submission is still pending (and such a file
> name should never be uploaded).

But this does not give me the meaning of this intriguing .noemail
extension. :-)

I guess this message can also be useful for people looking for this in
the future, since currently Web searches do not return anything
interesting for "CRAN .noemail".

Thanks!

1: ftp://cran.r-project.org/incoming
2: http://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/policies.html