[R] create and save a simulated dataset

Bert Gunter gunter.berton at gene.com
Sat Feb 2 22:22:05 CET 2013

Is this a homework problem? (We don't do homework here).

What is missing from your query is any specification of what you mean
by "random," which, by itself, is meaningless. It also might be the
case that the trees within each stand are correlated in some way --
perhaps they should to be more similar in diameter within a stand than
between.  So I think your first task is to think more carefully about
**what** you want to do and how to specify it precisely and completely
before worrying about  **how** to do it..

Cheers,
Bert