[R] p value for mu: anova()

Ben Bolker bbolker at gmail.com
Fri Dec 6 19:05:05 CET 2013

Rosario Garcia Gil <M.Rosario.Garcia <at> slu.se> writes:

> Hello
>
> I have run an anova analysis for
> the fallowing model:  H_obs=mu+REGION+MANAGEMENT + e
>
> When I run it in ASRelm I get the p-value for mu, and,
> of course also for the two dependent variables (REGION
> and MANAGEMENT)
>
> When I run it in R, I do not get the pvalue for mu.
>
> Can some one help me to understand why?
> and if it is possible to estimate the pvalue for mu in anova() in R?

   You may be wondering why no-one has answered your question ...
(1) it's way too vague and (2) the attached file probably got
stripped by the mailing list software before anyone saw it.
(Even if #2 weren't true, people are unlikely to take the time
to answer a really vague question if it means digging into a
data file to figure out what's going on.)

  See for example http://tinyurl.com/reproducible-000
  What *exact* code are you running?  "an anova analysis" is too vague.

  Ben Bolker