[R] legend position

Carl Witthoft carl at witthoft.com
Mon Dec 2 20:49:19 CET 2013

See ?legend .   you can add a legend directly to an existing plot.  An
example:

legend('topright',c('hot','cold'),lty=1,col=c('red','green'),bg='white')

Now if you're trying to place the legend outside the plot area (i.e. in some
other part of the window),
you'll need to invoke par(xpd=TRUE) . See the help at ?par .

Filoche wrote