[R] Help with data frame conversion to contingency table

SHASHWAT MISHRA gyrus_rectus at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 28 18:10:26 CEST 2013

Hi,

I am a beginner at R and do not have a strong background in statistics. I hope somebody can help me with this. I have a data frame which looks like this
 Facial.Type          North.Indians 	South.Indians
1      Leptoprosopic            96           115
2 Hyperleptoprosopic       189           132
3       Mesoprosopic            68           100
4       Euryprosopic            	38            34
5  Hypereuryprosopic            9            19

Now I want to make a contingency table (5 x 2) with this data and apply the chi square test. How can it be done?
A step by step instruction would be greatly appreciated

Thanks