[R] Parallel version of Map(rather, mapply)

Greenberg, Jonathan jgrn at illinois.edu
Wed Aug 28 20:58:07 CEST 2013

Hi Saptarshi:

There are quite a few parallel mapply's out there -- my recommendation is to use the foreach package, since it allows you to be flexible in the parallel backend, and you don't have to write two statements (a sequential and a parallel statement) -- if a parallel backend is running, it will use that, otherwise it'll execute in sequential mode.

--j