[R] transform variables

Xochitl CORMON Xochitl.Cormon at ifremer.fr
Tue Aug 27 10:03:18 CEST 2013

You have what is called a "wide" table and you want a "tall" table. In
this case the function melt from reshape2 package is suitable. Be
careful specifying properly the variables (columns) you want to use for
the reshape using correct syntax.
?melt {reshape2}

You can also use as already suggested reshape function. Note the syntax
is slightly different.
?reshape

Good luck,

Xochitl C.