[R] how to combine apply and which or alternative ways to do so

John Kane jrkrideau at inbox.com
Sat Aug 24 14:41:42 CEST 2013

Bon jour,
I am not clear  exactly what you are looking for.  When I first read the email I though you wanted to know if something in vector 2 was in vector 1 but after rereading it I am not sure.

If I was correct the first time I think something like
vector2 %in% vector1
will do it.

If I am wrong, and I think I am, would you explain the problem a bit more, perhaps with some small data vectors?

John Kane
Kingston ON Canada