[R] Replace two nested loop with an apply kind of function

ginan at metu.edu.tr ginan at metu.edu.tr
Fri Aug 23 22:33:06 CEST 2013

Dear R users,

I am confused with the usage of apply kind of functions instead of nested
loops. Let me illustrate my problem, I have an array,named C, with
dimesions c(nr,nr,nt*n). I want to fill in a Tmat array according to the
rule as given below:

Tmat<-array(diag(nt*nr), c(nt*nr,nt*nr,n))

for( i in 1:n)  {
for( t in 2:nt) {
Tmat[(2*t-1):(2*t),(2*t-3):(2*t-2),i]<-C[,,(i*t)]
}
}

Instead of using two for loops, I want to use any apply kind of function,
but I couldn't figure it out. At this point, any help will be appreciated.
Thank you very much for your interest.

gul