[R] How to rebuild an R package that has been removed from CRAN?

Daniel Nordlund djnordlund at frontier.com
Mon Aug 19 23:10:09 CEST 2013

Well, you haven't told us enough to let us help you.  Given that you have a zip file, I will assume for the moment that you are using some variant of MS Windows.  I don't think you want to unzip that file directly.  I think you want open R, go to the packages menu and choose install package from  local zip file.  Whether that will work depends on your version of R, your OS, the requirements of the package, why it was removed from CRAN, and a host of other things.  If you want more detailed help, you need to provide the "at a minimum" info requested in the posting guide.  It would also help if you told us what package you are trying to install.

Dan

Daniel Nordlund
Bothell, WA USA