[R] Runtime error in R

Camilo Mora cmora at dal.ca
Tue Aug 13 23:35:28 CEST 2013

Hi everyone:

I am running a code in R and I get the following message after using
large files (files larger than 2GB):

"Runtime error!
this application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an usual way.
Please contact the application's support team for more information"

Another person posted a similar situation years back with the use of a
large data.table. but no solution was proposed. Does anyone has come
across this problem? is there a fix?.

in R at 64bit, the message appear immediately after running the code.
At 32bit, the code start but I run into the issue that the code
reaches the RAM limit. This makes me to suspect that the error in
64bit is related to a default value on how big the files could be.

Anyway, any help will be highly appreciated.

Cheers,

Camilo

Camilo Mora, Ph.D.
Department of Geography, University of Hawaii
Currently available in Colombia
Phone:   Country code: 57
          Provider code: 313
          Phone 776 2282