[R] For loop output

MacQueen, Don macqueen1 at llnl.gov
Fri Aug 9 00:18:43 CEST 2013

If I understand the request correctly, here is an easy to follow example:
(I'm using the first four letters as surrogates for the file names)
(and assuming we want quotes at both the beginning and the end)

> tmp <- letters[1:4]
> tmp
[1] "a" "b" "c" "d"

> foo <- paste( "'", paste(tmp,collapse="','"), "'", sep='')
> cat(foo,'\n')

In this case, cat() does a better job than print() of telling you exactly
what you have.
I use this sort of thing to construct arguments for the SQL "in" clause)

--
Don MacQueen

Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
7000 East Ave., L-627