[R] Horizontal bar plot for lengthy data

Jim Lemon jim at bitwrit.com.au
Tue Aug 6 11:04:18 CEST 2013

On 08/06/2013 07:01 AM, Christofer Bogaso wrote:
> Hi David,
>
> Thanks for your answer.
>
> However I was thinking if it would be possible to have the Vertical-scroll
> bar, so that user can scroll his screen while still having all the bars on
> the plot clearly.
>
> Is there any possibility?

Hi Christofer,
I had to solve a similar problem when I had to represent the movement of
a pointer over an experimental session in which there could be a few
thousand records of the pointer position. I output the plot as a very
wide PNG graphic and you can then zoom in and scroll through this either
in an image display program or in a web browser. You can do the same
thing with Postscript or PDF graphics.

Jim