[R] How to create a dendrogram with colored branches

beginner paxkn at nottingham.ac.uk
Sat Aug 3 17:47:41 CEST 2013

Hi

I would like to create a dendrogram in R which has colored branches, like
the one shown below.
<http://r.789695.n4.nabble.com/file/n4672993/dendrogram.png>

So far I used following commands to create a standard dendrogram:

d <- dist(as.matrix(data[,29]))   # find distance matrix
 hc <- hclust(d)                # apply hirarchical clustering
 plot(hc,labels=data[,1], main="", xlab="") # plot the dendrogram

How should I modify this code to obtain a desired result ?

Thanks in advance for your help.