[R] expanding a presence only dataset into presence/absence

Daniel Nordlund djnordlund at frontier.com
Mon Apr 29 18:37:26 CEST 2013

Matthew,

You need to clarify your requirements before anyone can help you.  Your presence-only data only contains one site, but your desired data has three.  How are we to know how many sites there are?  Also, your presence-only data has species c present at site 1 on date 3, but it is not present in your desired data.  It is not at all clear (nor is it deducible) how you get from your example data to your desired data.  If you clarify your requirements, maybe someone will be able to help.

Dan

Daniel Nordlund
Bothell, WA USA