[R] R cannot find the path on my mac

MacQueen, Don macqueen1 at llnl.gov
Wed Apr 24 21:26:47 CEST 2013

The "why" is that you haven't got the path correct yet.

Assuming you are running R.app or R64.app (running the R Console),
one way to find the correct path is to type

  file.choose()

Navigate to your file and choose it. It will then tell you the correct
path.

You can also do things like
  source(  file.path(  'path.to.folder', 'filename' ) )
if you want to keep the folder name and the filename separate.

You could also open Terminal (in the Utilities folder) and type
  find . -name filename
and it should tell you the path relative to your home folder. This assumes
that the file is somewhere below
  /Users/gban

-Don

--