[R] identify object that causes "Error in loadNamespace(name) : there is no package called ‘R.utils’"

Liviu Andronic landronimirc at gmail.com
Wed Apr 24 17:08:12 CEST 2013

Dear Duncan,

On Wed, Apr 24, 2013 at 3:03 PM, Duncan Murdoch
<murdoch.duncan at gmail.com> wrote:
> A better approach is to *never* save and load workspaces unless you know
> exactly what is in them.  Always reply "no" to the question about saving
> your workspace (or set that as the default).  If you accidentally end up
> with a workspace being loaded, delete it.

I must admit that I'm a bit surprised by this. I was always under the
impression that saving/restoring workspaces was the proper workflow in
R. If you use R interactively (e.g., not by running scripts), how else
would you store your data, intermediary results, etc., while working
on a project? Am I missing something?

Regards,
Liviu