[R] extract function extracting only NA values

Fabio Berzaghi fabe at dmu.dk
Wed Apr 24 13:52:34 CEST 2013

So I think I might have found what is causing this problem. The values I
have in this raster

 > summary(ps0011yme)
                 layer
Min.        -9458.911
1st Qu.   1955256.000
Median   10618870.000
3rd Qu.  79577730.000
Max.    167780500.000
NA's            0.000

 From ArcMap though I get different values
min -69826224 and max 167780496

So maybe when I am importing the rest are in R something goes wrong and
all the values below a certain threshold are considered NA. Is this a
bug or do I get to use a specific parameter for the raster function?