[R] tables package - error message of "duplicate values"

Liviu Andronic landronimirc at gmail.com
Tue Apr 23 10:05:39 CEST 2013

Dear David,
I'm once again facing the same issue as Santosh.

On Sat, Apr 20, 2013 at 12:15 AM, David Winsemius
<dwinsemius at comcast.net> wrote:

> On Apr 19, 2013, at 2:03 PM, Santosh wrote:
>
>> Rounding was done to replicate the problem I faced in the original data set...
>
> I got an error every time I tried to use digits=0. My basic rule is that if a parameter choice consistently errors out ... stop using it. I'm fundamentally a pragmatist.

I would like to use digits=0, but it always errors out. I have a hunch
that this might be linked to the following in ?format:
digits	how many significant digits are to be used for numeric and
complex x. The default, NULL, uses getOption(digits). This is a
suggestion: enough decimal places will be used so that the smallest
(in magnitude) number has this many significant digits, and also to
satisfy nsmall. (For the interpretation for complex numbers see
signif.)

nsmall	the minimum number of digits to the right of the decimal point
in formatting real/complex numbers in non-scientific formats. Allowed
values are 0 <= nsmall <= 20.

But using Format(digits=0, nsmall=0) doesn't solve the problem.

Regards,
Liviu