[R] R CMD build

Knut Krueger rh at knut-krueger.de
Mon Apr 22 11:12:24 CEST 2013

Am 21.04.2013 04:14, schrieb Henrik Bengtsson:
> FYI, R CMD build ... works just fine on Windows (and I'm sure R cmd
> build ... won't). /Henrik

Yes it works, unfortunately windows user need not consider capitals or not.
When sitting on a Windows PC I usually typing lower cas only on Linux I
am aware of lower or capital letter. The R doesnt matter (because its
windows) if it is capital or not but the rest is.

R cmd -> Argument cmd ignored
after wards you are in the r-console  and if you do not recognize this:
     r cmd -> unexpected symbol in "r cmd"

  I tried now three times in the last couple of years to build a
package. last week I had time to figure out what was wrong. Maybe it
would be helpful to write this in the manuals f.e PkgUtils (but at least
in http://win-builder.r-project.org/ ) that Windows user either must use
capitals (but not  build and check otherwies the error message is also
not constructive) or they must use rcmd.exe with lower letters for build
an check . I think this could help others not to waste time.

Knut