[R] creating dummy variables

Rolf Turner rolf.turner at xtra.co.nz
Sun Apr 21 03:16:19 CEST 2013

On 21/04/13 10:56, Eva Prieto Castro wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Why do you write that dummy variables are not needed in R?. I would like you explain it.

As others have said --- do some self-study.  But a brief answer is that
in any
"reasonable" modelling problem in which dummy variables might arise, R
creates
the dummy variables that it uses automagically , behind the scenes, from
the *factors*
whose levels correspond to the dummy variables.

variables.

     cheers,

         Rolf Turner