[R] Foundation for Open Access Statistics

Jan de Leeuw deleeuw at stat.ucla.edu
Sun Apr 21 02:25:25 CEST 2013

The Foundation for Open Access Statistics is a nonprofit public benefit corporation registered in California. We have applied for federal tax-exempt status under Internal Revenue Section 501(c)(3). FOAS has a worldwide mission to promote free software, open access publishing, and reproducible research in statistics.

Currently, the Journal of Statistical Software is the only FOAS project. JSS has grown rapidly over the 15 years of its existence, in page count, quality, and impact. It needs a more stable support structure to guarantee its continued existence and growth.

On the website

http://www.foastat.org

you can join FOAS, and/or make financial contributions. We invite you to contribute ideas, projects, and materials for the FOAS site.

Jan de Leeuw, email: jan.deleeuw at foastat.org
Katharine Mullen, email: katharine.mullen at foastat.org
Achim Zeileis, email: achim.zeileis at foastat.org