[R] EDCR build from source with namespace problem

ltdm Luis.Tito-de-Morais at ird.fr
Fri Apr 19 13:11:48 CEST 2013

Hi R community,

I am running R version 2.15.3 (2013-03-01) -- "Security Blanket" on a Linux
Ubuntu 12.10 i686
I tried to install EDCR from :
ftp://orpheus.pfeg.noaa.gov/outgoing/EDC/R/EDCR_1.0_R_i686-pc-linux-gnu.tar.gz
Dependencies (namely ncdf4) are installed.
Install goes fine (at list it seems so. No errors, no warnings).

But when I load it :
library(EDCR)
I got the following:
Error in library(EDCR) :
  package ‘EDCR’ does not have a NAMESPACE and should be re-installed

Re-install changed nothing.
I understand that binaries build on old versions of R may have a "namespace
problem", but I tought that building from source would not lead to such an
error. But I am surely missing something here. I checked the archive and the
web to no avail.

I would appreciate any help or pointers to help me solve this.

Thanks in advance.
Best regards,

Luis Tito