[R] trouble with write.foreign

cmk087 cmk087 at mail.usask.ca
Thu Apr 18 23:39:25 CEST 2013

I am trying to write a 10000x8 matrix into a text file so I can read it into
SAS.
When I tried using write.table I could not get just 8 columns and 10000 rows
it would just write all the data in a line until it hit the end and went to
the next line.
I tried instead using write.foreign and I got an error message: Error in if
(varnames[v] != names(varnames)[v]) cat("LABEL ", varnames[v],  :
  argument is of length zero

I do not want any variable names at all I just want the data in a text file
with 8 columns and 10000 rows. The code I used was: write.foreign(T1,
"time1.txt", "time1.sas",   package="SAS").

Is there any way in which I can write the matrix as is in a text (or csv)
file without having any variable names?