[R] 10% off Intro R training from RStudio: NYC May 13-14, SF May 20-21

Barry Rowlingson b.rowlingson at lancaster.ac.uk
Tue Apr 16 20:11:34 CEST 2013

On Tue, Apr 16, 2013 at 5:43 PM, Bert Gunter <gunter.berton at gene.com> wrote:
> Hadley:
>
> I don't think this is appropriate. Think of what it would be like if everyone shilled their R training and consulting wares here.

Everyone does, don't they? A search on Nabble shows up regular
postings from XLSolutions, Mango used to post (not seen anything in a
while) and Revo sneak the odd commercial in Dave Smith's updates.

I don't see anything about non-commercial postings being banned from
R-help, but they do seem to be against the spirit of R-help.

I suspect commercials sneak in under under 'announcements' in the
R-help documentation:

R-help: "The ‘main’ R mailing list, for [...] announcements (not
covered by ‘R-announce’ or ‘R-packages’, see above)"

As with everything R, if it bothers the maintainers, then they'll put
a stop to it. We users matter not...

Barry