[R] Using R commander within R Studio (Mac)

John Fox jfox at mcmaster.ca
Mon Apr 15 17:01:58 CEST 2013

Dear Helene,

I don't think that your problem has anything to do with RStudio. I suspect that you haven't installed Tcl/Tk for X-Windows on your Mac, as is required by the tcltk package for versions of R on the Mac prior to 3.0.0. Please read the Rcmdr installation instructions at <http://socserv.socsci.mcmaster.ca/jfox/Misc/Rcmdr/installation-notes.html> for detailed information (and see in particular the link to "Mac OS X installation notes for the R Commander under older versions of R").

That said, I suggest that upgrade to R 3.0.0. You should also know that while the Rcmdr runs under RStudio, there are some problems, particularly with the RStudio graphics device.

I hope this helps,
 John

John Fox
Sen. William McMaster Prof. of Social Statistics
Department of Sociology
McMaster University
Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
http://socserv.mcmaster.ca/jfox/