[R] Postscript files graphic quality and other problems

Mario José mariognu-eco at yahoo.com.br
Sun Apr 14 19:11:36 CEST 2013

Hi all,

I try to save graphic as eps file, but I have probles with quality. My
graphics as pdf file is ok. The quality is very good. But when I save as
eps the quality is very poor.

I try convert pdf to eps file using others programs like adobe acrobat
and the quality of eps is like pdf (file is larger than). I try lot of
recommendation found in google and others lists.

I used:

postscript("test.eps",onefile=FALSE,horizontal=FALSE,width=14,height=7)

plot(1:10, 1:10)

dev.off()

How can I improve the quality of graphic?

I have other problem too. When I save my graphic with code above, I can
import to other programs like Word without problem. But, when I change
symbols with pch parameter, the importation have problems.

postscript("test.eps",onefile=FALSE,horizontal=FALSE,width=14,height=7)

plot(1:10, 1:10, pch=3)

dev.off()

The graphic imported is not showed.

Best regards,