[R] Boxplot Labels solved

Beatriz González Domínguez aguitatierra at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 11 00:07:56 CEST 2013

Hi Jose,

Thanks a lot for your email!
I was told a good solution to label outliers of a boxplot with identifying
variable values of the data frame (instead of the row names).

An example can be seen below:

## R CODE
#DATA
num <- as.numeric(200:225)
ave <- c(0.5, 1, 1.6, 2, 2, 2.3, 2.5, 2.4, 3, 3.2, 3.3, 7.2, 4, 4.8, 3.5,
2.7, 3.1, 2.8, 4.1, 2.0, 2.5, 2.1, 3.4, 2.5, 2.6, 7)
DATA <- data.frame(cbind(num, ave))
rm(num, ave)

#BOXPLOT
x11()
bp <- boxplot(DATA$ave, data= DATA, main= "Average Size")
identify(rep(1, nrow(DATA)), DATA$ave, labels=DATA$num, cex=.7)

Bea