[R] Optimization problem

Rui Barradas ruipbarradas at sapo.pt
Wed Apr 10 23:01:45 CEST 2013

Hello,

Your thoght is mathematically right but numerically wrong. The result
given by optimize is so close to the real minimum that numerical
accuracy comes in and it becomes indistinguishable from the value you're
expecting.
You get the minimum up to a certain accuracy, not more.

Hope this helps,

Rui Barradas