[R] Using PLYR to apply a custom function to a data frame

ramoss ramine.mossadegh at finra.org
Wed Apr 10 20:29:10 CEST 2013

Hello,

I am still struggling w/ the PLYR syntax.  I am trying to build a customized
function to detect outliers in a data frame based on the interquantile
method.  My data frame is called "ALL" &  I am trying to create two new
variables in my data frame:
upper=q3+ 1.5*(q3-q1)   & lower=q1-1.5*(q3-q1).  I already have variables q1
& q3.  How could I create the upper and lower variables using plyr so that
it applies to the whole dataframe.  Thank you for your help.