[R] problems with text in plots when using illustrator

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Tue Apr 9 06:39:47 CEST 2013

On Apr 8, 2013, at 12:28 PM, yanboulanger wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> I have some problems with plots (any) saved from R (saved from the
> menu). It
> seems that text (either plot titles or axes) is sometimes not
> "concatenated"
> in a full "vector" (Illustrator-speaking). I mean, sometimes, a
> given title
> is broken in several different chunks even though in R, it's in one
> "block".
> Moreover, axis values (especially those < 10) are most of the times
> "pasted"
> in a single Illustrator vector whereas a given axis values should be a
> single vector in Illustrator. This cause problem when trying to edit
> the
> plots within Illustrator. All plots are saved in *.eps. I'm using
> Illustrator CS5.

I sorry. I find this basically incoherent.

Are you expecting us to have a copy of Illustrator and are willing to
describe how you create a pdf or ps file? If so you should post a
dataset (in R code using dput) and code. Many of us do not have such a
resource but I cannot imagine understanding your complaint unless you
do post further detail.

--

David Winsemius, MD
Alameda, CA, USA