[R] custom startup/welcome message

R. Michael Weylandt michael.weylandt at gmail.com
Thu Apr 4 22:31:31 CEST 2013

On Thu, Apr 4, 2013 at 9:49 AM, lejeczek <peljasz at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> yeap, I've done it,
> I was hoping for a complete customization,
> and even Rprofile.site adds only to what is being printed by default anyway,
> I mean that header is always there. R version..... untill "Type 'q()'..
> and R -q silences everything :(

I'm not sure what the question is now (and please "context post"
instead of top-posting) -- I suppose you could patch the C code  that
prints that message if you want it to say something else. You'd have
to re-build R but it's easy code to change.

It's at the top of $R_HOME/src/main/version.c:
http://svn.r-project.org/R/trunk/src/main/version.c

Michael