[R] Image segmentation

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Tue Apr 2 03:42:40 CEST 2013

On Apr 1, 2013, at 7:50 AM, Eder Paulo wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I work with
> remote sensing in Brazil. I would like to know if there is any algorithm or
> package that does image segmentation by region growing in R.

It's possible that there is a domain of investigation where the phrase " image segmentation by region growing" would be specific enough to offer advice, but it's certainly outside my experience. I would advise being somewhat more expansive when describing your requirements in future postings to this generalist audience. You might want to look at the CRAN Task Views: (first hit with Google if you search on that phrase). The Task Views used to be countable on one hand but now threaten to extend beyond a full page. I believe you will find the MedicalImaging or Spatial Views have pointers to tools with image analysis functions. The MedicalImaging View also has a link to: http://www.bioconductor.org/packages/release/bioc/html/EBImage.html

--
David Winsemius
Alameda, CA, USA