[R] Is DUD available in nls()?

Mon Apr 1 19:59:02 CEST 2013

a) Read the Posting Guide. It will tell you things like:
1) Don't post in HTML format. Adjust your email client appropriately.
2) Don't repost. Your emails are all there, looking silly next to each other.
3) Use the search facilities yourself, such as RSiteSearch().

b) Regarding your "DUD" algorithm, it doesn't sound familiar. There are many algorithms that don't use derivatives for optimization so it isn't clear that this is a referenceable label. The help file for nls mentions two algorithms that don't require derivatives. You might want to review the CRAN Task View on Optimization and Mathematical Programming if you want to know more about what is available in CRAN and base R.
                                      Live:   OO#.. Dead: OO#..  Playing