[R] How to write R package

Duncan Murdoch murdoch.duncan at gmail.com
Fri Sep 28 14:22:36 CEST 2012

On 27/09/2012 5:15 PM, Dr. Alireza Zolfaghari wrote:
> Hi List,
> Would you please send me a good link to talk me through on how to write a R
> package?

See the ?package.skeleton help page.  After you have run it, follow the
instructions in the "Read-and-delete-me" file that it will create.

For full details, see the Writing R Extensions manual.

For modifying the package after you've finished the "Read-and-delete-me"
instructions, just manually add *.R files where the rest of them are,
and use the prompt() function to produce skeleton documentation.

That's about it, but you can read more if you like in a tutorial I gave
a few years ago at a UseR meeting in Dortmund:

http://www.statistik.uni-dortmund.de/useR-2008/slides/Murdoch.pdf

Duncan Murdoch