[R] Mac Text editors

Duncan Murdoch murdoch.duncan at gmail.com
Thu Sep 27 11:20:57 CEST 2012

On 12-09-26 9:21 PM, Bhupendrasinh Thakre wrote:
> My vote for R-Studio. Very elegant design and great functionality. However if coming from languages like Java and others then eclipse is better. R-Studio have dedicated section for Mac user which you will find useful.

One of the nice features of R-Studio is that it has a built in LaTeX
support, including Sweave and knitr.  The PDF viewer synchronizes with
the source, which is extremely convenient.  It is also cross-platform,
so if you learn to use it and then switch OS's again, you don't need to
go through this search again.

(But I have to admit that I don't use R-Studio all the time.  I've used
a Windows editor (Textpad) for so long that it's hard to break the
habit.  On a Mac I'll generally run it under Parallels, even when
running R in MacOS.  This is another approach to cross-platform
development, albeit a pretty silly one.)

Duncan Murdoch