[R] mapping data from table to .csv template

PIKAL Petr petr.pikal at precheza.cz
Tue Sep 25 08:59:13 CEST 2012

Hi

your data are difficult to read so I make my own

set.seed(111)
sender<-sample(letters[1:5], 20, replace=T)
receiver<-sample(letters[1:5], 20, replace=T)
xtabs(~sender+receiver)
      receiver
sender a b c d e
     a 1 1 3 1 0
     b 0 1 0 1 1
     c 1 3 2 2 0
     d 0 1 0 0 1
     e 0 0 0 1 0

If you want such result from each subject of your table }presumably data.frame just split and lapply it

untested
lapply(split(your.data, by a column), function (x) xtabs(~x$sender+x$receiver))

Regards

Petr