[R] Sweave - if \Sexpr{} than \SweaveInput{"my.Rnw"}

Duncan Murdoch murdoch.duncan at gmail.com
Thu Sep 20 15:05:02 CEST 2012

On 20/09/2012 8:47 AM, Witold E Wolski wrote:
> Depending on an R computation I would like to include an Sweave documents
> in the main Sweave document.
> How can I do it?
>
> So I was thinking .... to use Latex features :
>
> \newif\ifpaper
>
> \ifpaper
>
> \SweaveInput{"my1.Rnw"}
> \else
>   \SweaveInput{"my2.Rnw"}
> \fi
>
> But how do I set paper to true or false given an \Sexpr ??
>
> \papertrue % or
>
> \paperfalse
>

> Any ideas?

The SweaveInput directives are processed before any expressions are
evaluated, so you can't do it that way.  You can have Sweave chunks emit
LaTex code, so this might achieve a similar effect:

<<results=tex>>=
if ( test ) name <- "my1"
else name <- "my2"

Sweave( paste0(name, ".Rnw") )
paste0("\\input{", name, ".tex}")
@

I've never tried having a Sweave chunk call Sweave(), so there might be
troubles there, and you might only be able to input .tex files, not Rnw
files.

Duncan Murdoch