[R] issue accessing help files

Rui Barradas ruipbarradas at sapo.pt
Wed Sep 19 22:10:21 CEST 2012

Hello,

I had a problem seeing the help pages with R 2.14.(0 or 1? I don't
remember) on Windows 7.
Then I realized that after a command like print, Rgui would first
display an error message saying that the temp directory used by help
didn't exist. The solution I've found was to manually create it whenever
this happened. And to issue a print statement after a missed ?function
one. Apparently the error message was waiting to be displayed somewhere.

The problem was corrected with R 2.15.0 so I recommened you update your
installation of R.

Hope this helps,

Rui Barradas